I’ve toyed with the idea of blogging for a while. When I finally sat down and set it up, I tried to think of a tagline: what will the blog be about?
- A place to record my travels?
- A diary for wise words, little notes, quotable quotes?
- A journal of my most exciting discoveries?
- A log-book of my creative experiments?
- Somewhere to keep my sentimental memories or maybe my ‘someday’ ideas?
- A space for bucket lists, playlists, to-do lists, shopping lists? (I’ve always loved making lists!)
What will be the purpose of this blog? In that moment, a quote I read somewhere came back to me.
“…and the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for”
Yes, you said it well, Walt Whitman. This will be a place that brings to light all things beautiful and all things inspiring. Documenting experiences, putting together words and pictures– It’ll be my version of painting. It’s a good place to start, I think. Now, on to the subject of beautiful things…